The Terms and Conditions set out below (the “Terms”) apply to the MUA Portal (the “Portal”).
Please read these Terms carefully as they contain important information regarding your legal rights and obligations as an individual user of the Portal.
- 1. Acknowledgment
- 1.1. By using the Portal, you acknowledge having read, understood and hereby agree to be bound by and act strictly in accordance with each and every term or condition. If you are not willing to be bound by these Terms, you must not use the Portal and you should exit immediately.
- 2. Rights of Use
- 2.1. As a client of The Mauritius Union Assurance Cy. Ltd (the “Company” or “we” or “us”), you may use the Portal only for the purposes of viewing policies and policy documents, amending your personal details, paying a premium, making and tracking claims, renewing your policies and subscribing to any service or product that we offer. Use of the Portal for any purpose other than private, non-commercial purposes is prohibited.
- 2.2. We reject all liability claims arising from use of the Portal by unauthorised third parties.
- 3. Changes to and availability of the Portal
- 3.1. We make no representation or warranty in respect of the functionality or availability of the Portal. Access to all or to parts of the Portal may be suspended at any time without notice.
- 3.2. We reserve the right to discontinue the Portal fully or partially at any time without providing reasons for doing so.
- 4. Registration
- In order to create an account on the Portal, you must first enter your name, mobile number, a username and a password. An Activation Code will then be sent to the mobile phone number provided. Once you enter the Activation Code received, you shall be recognised as an authorised user of the Portal.
- 5. Your Responsibilities
- 5.1. The mobile phone number used to register an account on the Portal must match the corresponding information associated with the policy record. You are accountable for notifying us of any change in the mobile phone number associated with your policy record.
- 5.2. You undertake that any information provided through the Portal is, to the best of your knowledge, true, current, accurate and complete.
- 5.3. You are responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account on the Portal. In order to protect your account, you must keep your password confidential and immediately notify us if you suspect or become aware of any unauthorised access to, or breach of security related to, your account so that access can be blocked and new login details can be issued as needed. We shall in no event be liable for damages of any kind incurred or suffered as a result of you disclosing your password voluntarily or involuntarily to any third party.
- 5.4. You must access the Portal from trusted devices only. You are solely responsible for the confidentiality and security of any documents downloaded from the Portal.
- 5.5. In using the Portal, you must not attempt to corrupt, damage or interfere with the Portal, or render the Portal unavailable for any duration.
- 5.6. When using the Portal you shall not send any material for which you have not obtained all necessary consents, is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, gives rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the laws of the Republic of Mauritius.
- 6. Links to and from other websites
- 6.1. The Portal may contain links to, or be accessed from links on, other websites. We do not have responsibility for, or control of, the contents, availability, operation or performance of other websites to which the Portal may be linked or from which the Portal may be accessed. We make no representation regarding the content of any other websites which you may access from the Portal and do not accept any liability in relation to them.
- 6.2. If you wish to link to the Portal, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on the Portal and you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us. In the event of non-compliance with this Term, you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
- 7. Data Protection
- Our Data Protection Policy provides detailed information on the collection and use of personal data.
- 8. Termination
- 8.1. Without limiting any of our rights, we may, in our sole and absolute discretion, suspend, restrict or terminate your account on the Portal without notice to you.
- 8.2. We shall automatically delete your account 3 months after expiry of all policies between you and the Company. The deletion of your account shall not delete your personal data.
- 0. Copyright
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Portal are owned by us or our licensors (if any) and must not be used, sold, licensed, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner or form or in or on any media to any person without our prior written consent.
- 10. Warranties and Liability
- 10.1. Notices
We shall use reasonable efforts to include accurate, complete and up-to-date information on the Portal, but we make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy, completeness or frequency that it is updated.
- 10.1. Liability
Access to the Portal is at your own risk. Neither we nor any party involved in creating or delivering the Portal shall be liable for damages or losses, including without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of access to, or use of the information contained on, the Portal, or transmission errors, technical defects, malfunctions, non-availability of the internet, network overload or illegal interference or the inability to use the Portal and any materials you obtain via the Portal, or any errors or omissions, misprints, out-of-date information, technical or pricing inaccuracies, typographical or other errors appearing on the Portal, or for any changes to the Portal, or any material or data sent or received or not sent or received via the Portal, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. This limitation includes damages for any viruses that may infect your computer equipment.
- 10.1. Notices
- 11. Other legal provisions
- 11.1. Interpretation
The headings of these Terms are for convenience of reference only and shall not affect their interpretation.
- 11.2. Notices
Any notice or other communication to be delivered in relation to these Terms:
- by us to you will be deemed to have been duly given if sent to any of the contact particular(s) associated with your policy record;
- by you to us will be deemed to have been duly given only if in writing and delivered to [Insert the title and contact details of the person].
- 11.3. No Implied Waiver
Our failure to exercise or enforce any provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such provision unless acknowledged and agreed by us in writing.
- 11.4. Assignment
We may assign our rights and obligations arising under these Terms, in whole or in part, at any time without notice to you. You may not assign these Terms without our prior written consent.
- 11.5. General
We shall not be responsible for any failure to fulfil our obligations under these Terms or for any delay in doing so if such failure or delay is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- 11.6. Entire Agreement
These Terms, as amended from time to time, including any and all websites and policies referenced herein, constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to your use of the Portal.
- 11.7. Modification of Terms
The Terms are current as of the date at the bottom of this page. We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time without notice to you. Any changes to these Terms shall be posted on the Portal and, if you continue to use the Portal following any such change, you will be deemed to have accepted such revised version of these Terms. Objections to any changes to these Terms should be made in writing to The Complaints Coordinator (email@example.com). After we have received an objection, we shall deactivate your account on the Portal.
- 11.8. Severability
If a particular term or condition is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected. The parties must apply and implement the remaining terms and conditions in such a way that the purpose of any void or unenforceable provision(s) continues to be served to the extent possible.
- 11.9. Applicable law and Dispute Resolution
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Mauritius. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with these Terms and/or the use and operation of the Portal shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Mauritius for determination.
- 11.1. Interpretation