This policy will cover the cost of repairs or the replacement of damaged parts of the plant or/and machinery which occurred as a result of accidental electrical and mechanical breakdown.
What can be insured?
All types of machinery, plant, mechanical equipment and apparatus (e.g. boilers, generators, transformers, lifts, elevators, engines, pumps, compressors etc.)
Scope of Cover:
Machinery is covered against unforeseen, sudden accidental physical loss or damage caused, amongst others, by:
- Defects in casting & materials
- Faulty design
- Faults at workshop or in erection
- Bad workmanship
- Lack of skill
- Shortage of water in boilers
- Physical explosion
When does the cover apply?
It applies whether the machines are at work, at rest, in the course of operations, being dismantled for the purpose of cleaning or overhauling or during subsequent re-erection. In any case, the policy applies only after successful commissioning.
Loss of Profits following Machinery Breakdown Cover:
The policy will cover your business against:
- Loss of gross profit due to reduction in turnover/output
- Increased cost of working.
Deterioration of Stock:
We will indemnify your business against loss of or damage to the stock in any refrigerating chambers by deterioration or putrefaction due to an accident to the insured machinery:
- Rise or fall in temperature in the cold room of the machine resulting from any cause not excluded;
- Action of refrigerant fumes which have escaped from the machine.
- Why insure with us:
- Personalised service through dedicated teams
- Over 65 years of experience